Homelessness and the state of mental health are ever-increasing problems in New Zealand.
A Yale University study of OECD data found that New Zealand had the highest rate of homelessness among member nations, with almost 1 percent of its population living without a permanent shelter in 2015. To add to this, New Zealanders are taking their own lives more this year than at any other time in our nations history with suicides up a staggering twenty nine percent over the last decade.
Our stories and media platforms act as a safe place for people to openly discuss their tribulations and triumphs with regard to poverty, mental health and addiction and many other subjects we hear of in day to day life.
With your support we can continue to give New Zealanders a platform to discuss and work through their problems as well as provide those people living in poverty with the tools to escape their situation and create real and lasting change for future generations of New Zealanders.
How are we helping? The 3 ways in which we are helping New Zealanders...
1. We have launched an ongoing campaign though our website and print publications to raise awareness of issues we feel are not spoken about enough in the mainstream media such as suicide, homelessness, addiction, and mental health. We’re openly inviting a public discussion through the website and social media platforms for anyone to share their stories. This method has worked with therapy groups including AA and NA successfully throughout the world for over 100 years to genuinely help people to work through their addiction and mental health problems.
2. We are actively recruiting and training people who are in real need of support, whether or not they have mental health or addiction problems or have found themselves unemployed or homeless. These people are given the paid duty of distributing our literature which will provide them with the tools they need to work their way towards a strong and independent future whilst being in control of their opportunity to earn an honest living.
3. Our profits are to be used to fund charitable community projects through the Kiwis for Good Foundation. These projects will be focused on reducing and working toward the reduction the ever increasing suicide rates, homelessness and the huge issue surrounding the condition of New Zealand’s overall mental health.
I want to become a vendor, how do I do this?
That’s great. Please send us an email with any information about yourself and we will be in touch.
How do I support Kiwis For Good?
There’s many ways in which we need your help to continue functioning. You can sign up as a Business Partner here. You can contribute your stories here, or if you want to make a financial contribution you can do so via our Patreon page (www.patreon.com/Kiwisforgood) or via our bank account; Kiwis For Good, Bank of New Zealand 02-0700-0151483-000
What is Kiwis For Good?
Kiwis For Good is a non profit organisation created as an online and print publication to raise awareness of a wide variety of social issues. We act as an online support platform where people can connect and learn as well as find help.
I am struggling with something, how can I get in touch with you?
If your enquiry is non urgent please contact us at email@example.com. If you feel you may be a danger to yourself or others please call the emergency number 111. To get professional help for something that is not an emergency call, please use the numbers below:
- Lifeline – 0800 543 354 (0800 LIFELINE) or free text 4357 (HELP)
- Suicide Crisis Helpline – 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
- Healthline – 0800 611 116
- Samaritans – 0800 726 666
I would like sign my business up as a Kiwis For Good Partner, how do I do this?
Thanks for wanting to become a Kiwis For Good Partner. Simply follow this get in contact and we will be in touch.
I would like to contribute an article, how do I do this?
We appreciate you wanting to contribute to our publication. We are looking for articles between 200-2000 words as well as video content. If this sounds like you please complete our form...